Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I got a mortgage loan modification!

It wasn't as much as I was hoping for... but I guess any help is help right?  It is only $200 less and I was hoping for $300-400 less.  BUT I was also told it could only be for 3 months and I got it for 6 months. It started in June (which is how far back I am in owing).   The news that freaked me out a bit is that I have to come up with $945 by Aug 31st. That is in 1 week.  I get paid Friday and that is my whole check.  I freaked out for a minute and then I realized that I didn't mail bills yesterday.

I take the max out of my check every year ($5,000) for the Flexible Spending Account ($200 a payday).  It is tax free and our family uses the whole thing before the year is over. Sad, I know. And I couldn't afford to pay the deductibles and copays if I couldn't just go to work and get reimbursed from the FSA (I write myself the checks :).  I had just gotten the bills for Karli's orthodics and Kallyn's PT and a couple other things so I got a check for $1124 last Friday.  SO I COULD PAY THESE DR BILLS.  Well, the first thing I did over the weekend was go grocery shopping. And bought gas. I kept putting off paying these bills. Yesterday I went upstairs at lunch and made myself pay these bills before the money was all gone.  I spent $800, out of the like $1500 owed, paying some people only $50 just to give them money.  But I did pay the orthodics off completely $469. I wanted that one DONE.  I need to leave work at 4:55 to get over to the Post Office in time.  Of course yesterday I was in the middle of a project and could NOT leave work on time.  I left at 5:20.  So the bills and the work mail did not get mailed.  There is a post office that is open until 6 but I have to drive 3 miles out of my way and it didn't even occur to me to do that yesterday.   Thank god.

So, after panicking for about 5 minutes about having to come up with $945 within the week, I remembered that I had't mailed those bills. Bills that really need to be mailed.  But my house has to come first. I keep debating even paying a couple of them if I am going to file bankruptcy but it is SO hard to NOT pay my bills. It is ingrained in me to be responsible.

I asked for the rest of one my IRA's a week ago and I haven't heard boo.  I asked for them to email or fax the papers.  Yesterday I faxed the request again and put a note that I was doing it in case they hadn't gotten the first request because I hadn't heard anything.  I am pretty sure I asked for fax or email for Jake's and they mailed the papers, but it was worth a try.  I need that money.  With that I can pay the orthodics bill.  That money is dwindling already and I haven't even gotten it yet. *sigh*

Mo, I am pretty sure that Alaska USA Credit Union is the one that just screwed my mom over in a huge way on a car loan.  They told her they would give her 45 days to sell the car after my dad died (she was 2 months behind on payments) and while they were telling her that, they sent a repo guy to her house to try to take the car. He was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE man that harrassed and taunted her.  We had a pretty intense, awful couple days. I am going to call her today and ask her. 

RAH RAHs tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Eeek. Well, they were no help for me at all when I had my Malibu car issue and had to sell it, so maybe they're better with checking accts than loans. All I know is, I've overdrawn my acct multiple times, once by $1500 no less, and they PAID the checks even when I remained overdrawn for 3 days. They said, "We see you have auto deposits....we don't worry too much." Then they give me a cookie.

    As for the FSA...how does it work that you don't have to prove that the money is going to medical bills? For mine, I have to pay first, show receipts, donate blood, and agree to give them Otis if I am not using the money for medical bills. It has to has to has to be medical or they don't pay it. Trust me...I've tried to figure out how to get money out of it, because after all, it's MY money. And before my heart condition bills, all that money was sitting in there, thumbing its nose at me. (I only put in $20 a paycheck....isn't mine cute?)

    Anyhoo, you're lucky you have that! Yay you!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ssshhhh.... maybe I should take the FSA thing down...

    ReplyDelete