Monday, August 22, 2011

Good Weekend

I don't really know what I'm gonna say so hang in there with me.  I just feel like I should Blog.

The POD IS GONE!!!!!!! I parked in the driveway Friday for the 1st time since Nov 2008. The POD was like a bad houseguest.  It was supposed to be there for a month - 2 tops and it was almost 3 years. Gone now.  Now I feel SO motivated to keep cleaning all the clutter and crap we have accumulated.  I've been SO overwhelmed and just wanted to put my head in the sand but now I feel rejuvinated.  We were packrats and had clutter before Kallyn got RSD and I spent so much time concentrating on her.  Then I left for 2 months in 2007 and then the house really fell apart (do you think Jake did anything while I was gone?) and it has NEVER recovered. I still spent time concentraing on her.  My children are more important than housekeeping.  It's not "Hoarders" level but it's bad enough that I refuse to watch that show.  So, I spent the weekend working on my bedroom and came up with 3 more bags for Good Will. I have a dresser that I haven't seen the bottom drawers since Dec 2009 because there was stuff in front of them. I opened the drawer and the girls and I had a good laugh over what was in there.  ALL of it went in the Good Will bags.

THEN... oh boy....  I have two shelves in my room that are the length of a wall and they are what I see when I lay in bed.  I have looked at them for months and thought "I REALLY want to clean those up a bit".  There are some knick-knacks of Jake's that the girls have given him.  Some books of his, some books that I have read and he said he wanted to read but I knew he never would.  I cleaned up some of that stuff. Donated the unread books.  Packed up his knick-knacks in a box of his stuff I started. I layed in bed last night and looked at the shelves in a new light.  I LIKED looking at them for the first time in over a year.  I'm not done yet but it was a start. I'm taking back a life that has not been mine in a long long time.

Oh and I went to an AA meeting Friday night.  I have not been to one since March 2010 (my AA birthday month).  I went to the meeting that I call my homegroup.  I was hoping to see some people that I just love and miss and they were there. (I'm smiling now just thinking about it).  I haven't been to a meeting in that long for two reasons.  1)I have been really angry at my higher power. I just can't explain that.  2)I was having anxiety attacks that I really can't explain but it had a lot to do w/going to mtgs w/Jake knowing that he was still drinking and lying about it. There was shame even though I knew I shouldn't feel that way. Shame that I was staying in the situation instead of getting out of it.  I was driving home from work Friday and a voice popped up in my head and told me I should go to the meeting and instead of anxiety, I felt peace and happiness. And I was greeted with open arms and love. Told how much I was missed.  There is such a bond between recovering alcoholics, that can't be explained either.

AND... after the meeting I was hit on for my first time ... in I don't know how many years.  There was guy there that I had never seen and he was HOT... and my age ... and he asked if I wanted to go to another meeting afterwards.  But he was going to Bellevue and I was not about to go off with a stranger, even though others had seen him before.  I would have to see him a couple more times at the meeting.  After he left one of the guys was like "Damn! You were just hit on" and I said "DAMN, and he WAS HOT! I wanted to go!"  I told my daughters and my youngest was actually upset with me that I didn't get his phone #!!  That shocked me.

So, good, fun, productive weekend. (And I FINALLY got to complain about it being too hot!! Yay!!) This week I get to see the RahRahs on Wednesday and I'm so looking forward to that.

6 comments:

  1. WOW. I got hit on recently also. And he was my age and HOT with a perfect smile. Ain't life great. Cleaning can be so healing and comforting. You seemed to be headed in the right direction lately. Your blog is just full of good news. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND AM BUSTING MY DAMN BUTTONS!! I'm sitting at my desk at work (should be doing homework...bygones) eating a sandwich and blowing crumbs all over as I make happy noises for you! YAY!!! People are looking at me funny and I have to say, "My friend is doing good things!" They smile and nod.

    I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!

    Love you,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep at it! I have discovered the more I clean out the junk, the happier I am. LOL Coolness on the guy! It it was meant to be, you will see him at another meeting.
    Donene

    ReplyDelete
  4. ppphhttt, I am not getting hit on, just yelled at for taking away their kids bus stop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wolf Whistle ... how cool is THAT!
    Also, congrats on the POD!
    Miss you!
    Keep posting good things ... even if there's a bad day ... post something good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl.

    (I hope this comment works!!)

    ReplyDelete