Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ehh

I do NOT like the weather we are having.  It's making my body ache and I've been doing SO good for the last couple of weeks.  It's also wreaking havoc on my mental state.  I don't like that. I thought my mental state was because of all I've been doing and now I'm starting to wonder if it was all purely sun and blue sky induced.  If so, I definitely need to move to California...

I've been doing cleaning here and there. I tackled this box that's been by my bed accruing papers in it (Since Sept 2010 was the bottom dated paper).  I shredded, sorted and filed and it took me FIVE hours that I will never get back.  I took 4 garbage bags to the NW Center of things I've collected since they stopped at the house and picked up a mountain of stuff.

I got the money from cashing out my IRA and gave myself a $500 max budget to get the Mustang on the road.  Saturday I went to the DOL and to my pleasant surprise, it was only $193 to get it licensed and transfer title (that should have been done last July).  I was thinking if it was anything less than $350 then I was good.  Fix a flat worked on the tire - YAY.  Jake put a new battery in it and it started up - YAY.  And then... he tried to drive it and it didn't want to move.  It didn't want to get out of first gear. It finally did move after several minutes of trying.  It would drive fine, but if you stopped it, then it didn't want to go again.  BOO.  So today it went to the shop.  Fingers, toes and b00bs crossed that it just needed new filters and maybe a transmission flush.  It HAD been sitting since January.  Jake called and said that they were 75% sure that flushing the transmission and doing something else would work. For $350.  Gas mileage and insurance are both about half the cost so it will pay for itself in the long run.  We decided to gamble. *gulp*  I am still waiting to hear.

Here is the picture on my desktop at work to remind me of where I am going next July!  This is Kamaole Beach, where the condo is.

1 comment:

  1. Um, you WILL get those five hours back, because you won't be looking at a box full of papers that needed to be gone through, and now it's gone, so in the future you can laze around for five hours and not think of that box.

    See? See how I think?

    And by the way, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries are like eating fruit. CrunchBERRIES. This is totally off topic, but it serves as an example of How Mo's Brain Works.

    Thank you, and have a lovely day.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete