Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday

Catch up - what a roller coaster week!

Kallyn's two favorite football teams are the Ravens & Seahawks and they played here Sunday.  An aunt bought us 4 tickets to the game in most excellent seats and said they were birthday presents for all of us for the next year.  The girls had never been to the stadium and us 3 girls had never been to a pro football game.  It was quite exciting and we had lots of fun.

Not so fun was that I woke up Sunday morning to find our pet bird dead at the bottom of her cage.  I have had many nightmares that happened exactly like what happened Sunday. Her cage is right outside my bedroom so I say "good morning" to her every morning. She was almost 16 and their life span is 12-16 yrs.  I just had this feeling at the start of the year that she wasn't going to make it through the year. I didn't want to ruin the girls big day so we didn't tell them until Monday.

Tuesday I went with Kallyn to an advising appt at Lake WA Institute of Technology to talk about the Physical Therapy Asst program and we left there with her enrolled in college!!!!  SO EXCITING.  I am SO proud of her!!!  She starts January 3rd.

Wednesday we had a family dinner (with Jake) to talk about putting Lucky to sleep.  He is our 18 y/o cat and he is so so sick. He has lost so much weight he is just skin and bones now.  He has been up and down sick but he's been sick for awhile now and he's having trouble breathing. I can't afford to take him to the vet to have a bunch of tests done and I just know it will show something like Cheroo that will need $$$$ of work done. He is suffering and it breaks my heart so we agreed that he needs to be put to sleep.  Soooooo hard.  He came with our house.  We've had him for 15 yrs and he has slept on my bed that whole time.  How will I sleep at night with out Lucky on my bed?  For the last several years he really has not left my bedroom.  He is content to just be in there.  You dangle a string in front of him and he will still attempt to go after it. He is the most loving. He loves to give kisses, he practically makes out with you.  5:00 pm today.  I didn't think he would last the year either but I didn't expect to lose both animals in the same week.

Kallyn woke me up at 5:30 this morning with her left lymph node in her neck swollen.  She was almost screaming in pain.  She said her tongue felt a little numb, her ear hurt, she could hardly open her jaw.  I had her take sudafed and a hydro and we put a heat pack on it.  I laid in bed with her for awhile and rubbed her back.  Why does this shit have to happen to her constantly?

Karli has had to make some food at home for a foods and nutrition class.  Last night she made buttermilk biscuits.  I had to go to store just to buy buttermilk.  My mom had a recipe in a cookbook that she wrote but something didn't seem right so we called her, spent 20 minutes discussing it.  Finally made the biscuits and they come out and I took one look at the flat biscuits and my heart dropped into my stomach.  I pulled my baking power out of the cupboard - it expired in 2009 :'(   After all we went through, I ruined them.  I didn't even think to look at that or the fact that I hadn't used it forever.   Fortunately she doesn't get graded on final product, just the fact that she DID it. But she was quite bummed.  Tonight she is making tacos and instead of using prepackaged Taco seasoning she has to season it herself so I need to try to find a recipe... or just make one up.

That's my life. Ups and downs, but I guess that is what life is all about.

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of all you guys at 5 tonight. I'm so horribly sorry. My heart hurts.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your losses. Thinking of you all tonight.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete