Friday, November 4, 2011

No worries!!

No worries!  I am having fun and being safe. I am never there alone (and the head security guy totally knows and likes me).  This guy is a regular and is harmless.  I told him to back up at one point and he did quickly.  But see, he dances so cool with girls and I always watch and there is this mixture of "don't make eye contact so he doesn't come over here" and "oh my god, wouldn't it be fun if I was brave enough to dance like that" and last night I was brave enough!  I am so tired of hiding like a turtle in my shell.  I have always hated being so shy and introverted and I am trying hard to be more like what I would really like to be like.  So when he headed toward my friend and me, gesturing towards the dance floor, I said "what the hell" to myself and got up to dance with him.

The reason why I keep going to Big Daddy's is because I feel safe there.  There is a range of ages but I would say the average would be 40's.  I have been to clubs in Seattle and Bellevue and totally feel out of my league, era, comfort zone etc... but this place is very comfortable feeling.  The security guy says he has worked hard to make it that way and to not make it a Bellevue type of place.  It is a restaurant for all ages during the day, they even have some arcade games and at 9 they turn into a 21+ over bar.  They do wine tours and they are doing something right now with wineries and scholarships. They have pool tables, I used to play pool in my gramma's basement growing up but I haven't played in 20 yrs.  Relearning to play is on my list of things to do. ") 

Oh last night there was a couple in there 70's (at least)!  They were SO cute!!! Bob and Lola.  We were thinking they were either newly together or had been married for 50 yrs (I'm betting on the 50).  They just floated around the dance floor (on the mellower songs).  A song would end and I would find myself clapping...not for the song, but for them and their dancing. 

1 comment:

  1. Average age 40. That says it all. Glad you are having so much fun dancing. We all need exercise and it comes in many different forms. Dancing is your form. Keep it up. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete