Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bladder infection

Yes, I have one.  It's like the 4th one in my life and that makes it 5 too many. I don't know how people who get them all the time deal.  I can hardly.  By the time I got to Urg Care, I could hardly walk upright. I was wimpering because I'd drank water on the way there so they could take a urine sample.  Forcing liquid into a bladder that is already burning and has pressure that feels like you've been holding it for days and are going to explode if you don't go soon, EVEN though you just sat down and dribbled out a disappointingly little amount 5 minutes ago, AND knowing that when you do sit down again to pee out what is once again bound to be a disappointingly little amount, that you will be in the doctor's office so you will have to bite your tongue so you don't scream from the buringing pain that comes with it, isn't easy but I did it.  I thought I drank enough water to ace the urine exam, but I barely eeked out enough.  I wasn't just told I had an UTI, I was told my urine was filled with bacteria.  They were sending it off for further testing. 

Last night was an insomnia night so it was 5am that I went to sleep this morning and woke up because of a text at 9:30.  I spent quite awhile this morning texting people because of FB drama. yay.  I am completely worn from the pain (you'd think I would be a pro at it by now) and think I might be going to sleep soon, it's not even 7 yet.

I've had 4 days off and I want just 1 more.  It's never enough is it?  But I don't feel good.  *sniff* 

3 comments:

  1. Demery, I feel your pain. I am a professional bladder infection holder. I have had bacteria crawling out of the test tube because there wasn't enough space for it. I have had medical people tell me I am on my period (even though I wasn't!) because of all the blood in my pee. I have cried and sobbed while peeing, even at the communal work bathroom. Believe me, I am so very sorry you have this. Like you need one more thing.

    And I'm sorry for being a contributing factor of the facebook drama, even though I still am unsure of what the fuck. Oops, I promised God I'd try to stop saying the f-word.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch Demery! Are you feeling any relief yet? This is the last thing you needed right now!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did your doctor tell you about UriCalm? It will NOT cure the infection, but it will help lessen the pain until the meds kick it. It's available at Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc. but you might have to ask the pharmacist for it.

    I hope you feel better soon! -Jen

    ReplyDelete