Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I love my friends!

I have wonderful friends!!!  And I am having a much better day today because of all the love and support I get from you. 

I HAVE to remind myself of the Serenity Prayer more often. Much more often

God,
Grant me the Serentity to accept the things I cannot change,
The Courage to change the things I can,
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

I have never dealt with conflict well.  I am just more likely to let someone bowl me over than to stand up to it. Especially when they are close to me.  Or else I scream and yell and lose rationality. (yes, me - i know some of you can't picture that easily).  It is easy being told things you should do and KNOWING that you should do them and than it is actually DOING them. (i.e., tough love, putting up boundaries...) Barb, she laughed at being told about boundaries and told me that was ridiculous.

I am positively, absolutely NOT giving up my Thursday night dancing, just so you all can take a deep breath.  They are not completely happy with that, but can sort of understand. (actually, Kar talked to her boyfriend and he gave her some perspective and she says she can see both of our sides, she feels caught in the middle).  But the girls want to limit it to 1 night a week only of mom leaving the house and while I don't plan to go out every night, by any means, I don't want to limit myself.  Like last week I went with a friend to a friend of hers birthday party on a Wed. as a favor (long story), but they didn't like me "going out" two nights in a row.  If I was a drinker and actually "partying" everytime I left the house, I could maybe see how they'd be upset - but everytime I leave the house, I am not "partying".  HELLO - does anyone know me?

Ooops... sorry... this was supposed to be an "I am HAPPY TODAY....damn it" post. 

Did you know the Thock party is 11 days away?  Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!  There are always a couple of certain items that are very popular and I have never ever tried to get one before, but ya know... this year I might just try ; )   *giggle*

5 comments:

  1. I say Martha and I have to go in together and get you a rabbit. Just saying. (Cheroo is eating rabbit now. Ew.)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Mo! Maybe I should bring one to the thock& make sure Demery "gets" it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demery's not sure she would know what to do with it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll give you a diagram so you know where it goes. (tee hee)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if I have the courage to go to a store and buy one for the Thock Party. There's a store pretty close by. Can I get over my inhibitions?

    The more people that bring them, the more chances Demery will get one. Just sayin'....

    *blushing from ears to toes* -Jen

    ReplyDelete