Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm spending the day with the girls, Jake and Normi. I plan to go see my siblings this evening.  That is, after my girls get home. 

That's right, neither of them spent the night at home last night.  I was a roller-coaster of emotions yesterday (If I hadn't had my uterus yanked, I would have sworn it was PMS).  It started with hearing the radio station on the way to work all go around and say what they were most thankful for.  It just gave me a flashback to Thanksgiving dinner with my mom and Geoff.  He is always the one to tell us to go around and say what we were most thankful for.  He always had to go last and we were all ready to groan, because he liked to go on and on.  I'm also still right where I was last year this time.  We said we would be a "family" for the Holiday's but this year would be different and here I am spending it with my "husband" (I don't like to call him husband, but I can't call him ex yet.  Soon-to-be-ex is too long. )  Yes, it is nice to be amicable, but we need to do stuff independently so the girls will get that it is over.  I'd honestly rather just go to my brother's house but my MIL would be crushed and girls would be crushed.  Christmas is already planned for the same thing so ONE more Holiday season.

The work day was painfully long.  I was really restless.  I came home to an empty house and felt incredibly lonely.  So I found a couple friends and went dancing. Not at my usual place, it was a place near Martha's (I'm so glad Martha came!) it is sort of cozy Irish Pub but the couple times I've been there, the crowd is more 20-30's. I am definately more comfy in my usual place.  The band was pretty good though, there was a male and female singer and their voices were pretty amazing.

It has been a year of ups and downs but I am most thankful for my friends, for I know that I never could have made it this far without them.  I know that everyone says they are thankful for their family and friends and that almost sounds too cliche-ish  and standard to me,  but a lot of my friends are like family to me and I truly truly mean it when I say that I am most thankful for them.

1 comment: