Friday, November 4, 2011

Dancing

Oooooh, I had fun last night!  I went dancing with a friend like I often do on Thursday nights.  (Thursday is 70's music - Disco - LOVE IT) I was worried because one of the guys who goes often... a guy who is one of those "safe" guys that you know you can just dance with and all he wants to do is dance, not hit on you or anything, is out of town.  But there are so many girls just out there dancing by themselves, it doesn't matter a whole lot - we just figured we could do that. It's such a casual place. 

There is another guy that my friend went to high school with that is always there.  He just kind of flits from girl to girl and dances by himself or goes up to the girls dancing by themselves.  He's another harmless guy.  Last night he decided he was going to make everyone jealous and dance with both of us.  My friend and I just happen to be wearing matching T-shirts so he was joking that we were twins and he was living a dream.  It was SO funny. 

There is another guy that comes that is hard to describe - you have to see him.  He seems flamboyantly gay - just with his hand gestures and movements but he is all over the girls. He is just OUT THERE. You want to keep watching him but you don't want to make eye contact because you don't want him to decide to come make you dance with him.  We've wondered before if he was really that way or if it was just an act.  I had a feeling it was an act and we were talking to one of the security guys during a break and it is an act.  Well.... last night I went out of my comfort zone a bit and I danced with him!  And it was cool. It turns out that while he hands his hands all over the girl, what he's really doing is telling you to like keep your upper body still or move your hips... quit thinking and feel the music from the heart... it was like he was a dance instructor telling me what to do.  It was quite cool. He also kept telling me I was sexy.  I was thinking it was all just part of his act, that if he is actually an instructor he tells all the ladies to help boost their ego. 

I am supposed to exercise to help my Fibro but most exercise ends up causing flare ups.  I thinking dancing releases such happy endorphins that it doesn't hurt me.  It also releases stress, because I do try to quit thinking and just feel the music and forget my problems for 4 hours.  

I have some stressful financial stuff to deal with this weekend but I am going back on Saturday with my aunt to introduce her to the place I go to (she lives in Bham and is visiting for the weekend).  The band that is playing does 80's music like Duran Duran, the GoGo's, Madonna, Billy Idol, etc.  I love that music and can't wait to go back!

Now... back to work. Boss has been gone all week and he's here today.

2 comments:

  1. That guy gives me the creeps, Demery. If he put his hands on me to "tell me how I should be moving my body" I would rip off his arm and then beat him unconscious with it. UGH. Be careful, that's all I'm saying. Obviously, I have issues with guys who have an act. I don't trust them further than I can spit them. And I especially don't like male hands on me unless I invite them there.

    Eeek. Now you have me all worried. I'm a worrier, Demery.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss dancing, I'm glad you are having fun but PLEASE be careful!

    ReplyDelete