Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend

Karli got her permit on Saturday.  She was SO excited.  She had scheduled her first drive for today so she needed to practice as much as possible.  I let her drive for about an hour before I'd had enough. ") 

Then, Bobbie and I got to go see Plantinum Spandex,  Oh how I love those guys!!! They are having a costume party Oct 28th and I haven't the slightest idea what to wear, but I have to go!  We spent quite a bit of time planning Bobbie's costume.  It's brilliant.  Big Daddy's has become my new favorite place. I really do like dancing.  It is just a way to get some emotion and stress out.  I feel like I probably look like a dork out there, but I am having fun!  I'm going again on Thursday.  The girls are not too happy about me going out so much.  I've tried to explain that I just feel alive and don't feel like sitting at home like I have been doing forever.  I feel like it's only because of the sun and nice weather and when the gray and rain comes that I won't have this energy and will be back to the bedroom.  I just want to enjoy this alive feeling while I can. I am hoping that it's because I've lost all this weight and feel better about myself and I'm making some positive, forward moving choices in my life... but I just don't know.  

Sunday we went to a 1st birthday party that was out of this world.  I'm sure it cost a couple thousand dollars.  They rented a building on Alki beach.  There was a bounce house and a clown that painted faces, did a magic show and blew up balloons.  The food was catered and it was all gourmet, fancier than I have ever eaten.  There was a champagne fountain, along with punch and soda and beer.  Everything was pink.  Pink plastic champagne glasses, pink plates, napkins, cups, plasticware.  The tables had white cloths with hot pink table runners and the chairs were black.  My cousin (the 1 y/o's momma) was wearing a hot pink skirt, white blouse and black belt - she totally matched! OH, the cake looked more like a wedding cake than a kid cake.  There were miniature gumball machines for the parting gift for the kids and this crystal ornament for the adults. But there was also all this candy for this kids.  Fancy flower arrangements on each table.  Just amazing.

We left there before it was over to go to a BBQ at my brother's house.  He's been fishing up a storm.  I love salmon!  I think I'm having another drum lesson on Wednesday.

I haven't slept too well the last couple nights so I'm really tired right now.  It's going to be an early night.  I just hope I can sleep instead of waking up every hour.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are alive and living and POSITIVE!! I am so proud of you!!!!! And pissed that you're having all these drum lessons and I haven't had a single tambourine lesson. How are we going to play our first gig? I'll look ridiculous. You know, the tambourine is much more...involved....than drums. There's a lot of training in it. Meanwhile, I sit on my spine and blow spit bubbles. (Which is also quite technically challenging, I might add.)

    I don't go out dancing and crap. I like to be in my house, on my spine, with Otis. I think I will be one of those 80 year old women on Hoarders whose whole existence is piled up around her and cats procreate and die under all the rubble.

    Except that I don't like rubble, so.....maybe I can just have one rubble room for the cats to do all of that in.

    I need to start working now. Tootles.

    This is Mo, by the way. In case you couldn't tell.

    ReplyDelete