Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oh my

Karli did start Driver's Ed yesterday.  I wasn't expecting her to take it until around December, when she turns 15 1/2 but this sort of just fell in our laps on Monday.  The class costs about $200 less than I thought a class would be. The deal has been that Karli has to pay half of the class and she just happens to have the money for all of it right now, so she paid it all and I owe her.  When I signed her up online yesterday all of a sudden I had tears in my eyes.  My baby is taking driver's ed.  She is the "baby" of her friends and her Sophomore class.  One of her best friends has already turned 16, one turns 16 next month and another in Nov. Karli JUST turned 15.  It is hard on mom.

I have a 30 minute phone consultation with a bankruptcy attorney at 6 pm today.  I am actually a bit excited... and very nervous.

I need brakes on the Mustang badly and the quote we have from our usual car place seems high so today Jake was supposed to take it to 1, maybe 2 other places for quotes.  I was going to very carefully drive the uninsured truck to work.  Best laid plans.

First I wake up with a migraine. On a day when I have to do "prebills" at work, which quite often gives me a migraine.  It's leaning over the desk staring at excel spreadsheets and manually adding up and doing math - all very old fashioned and bass-ackwards, but how my boss wants it done. *sigh*  ANYWAYS, I take a bunch of meds (including sudafed, sinus's are KILLING ME).  Get in the truck and drive off... about 20 feet.  Thumpity, bumpity, Thumpity, bumpity OH MY GOD, DO NOT TELL ME I HAVE A FLAT! Stop the truck, get out and sure enough, flat tire.  Turn truck around, cursing up a storm.  Transfer everything out. Get in the Mustang.  Text Jake. 

I was actually 5 minutes early for once... now, 10 minutes late. Thank you very much.

Migraine?  Still there but not as bad as it was.  I am leaving at 1:45 today to take Karli to the DR for a check up for her back and then to PT.  THEN I get to go to Applebees AGAIN!  3rd Wednesday in a row.  I can't stay too long though, because now I get to talk to an attorney.  Yay me....  At least I will be there long enough to to fill out that $25 gift certificate form, cuz it's my turn to win!!!

1 comment:

  1. No, ma'am....I AM GOING TO WIN!!!

    Because I said so. Mo has spoken.

    ReplyDelete