Monday, September 12, 2011

Phone call from Heaven

I just read what I last blogged...and my mind MUST have been jumbled because I forgot something important from Friday! 

In my cell contacts I have my mom listed as "mom" and my step-dad's phone is listed as "Geoff".  When he past away, my mom started using his phone because she was having trouble with hers. I haven't changed the contact names because it just makes me feel a little close to him to see his name pop up on my cell when she calls.

Friday I went to leave for work and grabbed my cell phone and saw that I had missed a call from "mom" at 7:14.  I thought it was really weird that she would call me on that phone.  I call it right back and got no answer.  I thought it must be an accidental dial so I didn't call her other #.   I talked to her later in the day and asked why she called me so early and she said she didn't.  I said yes, she did, and it was from her old phone.  She said that was impossible, that phone was dead in the desk drawer.  She hadn't used it since we came home from the hospital.  I came over later and I showed her the missed call on my phone and she showed me the dead phone.  (The problem with the phone is that it wouldn't hold a charge.)  We were just looking at each other.  I said "I wonder if he was trying to tell me something, or was just saying hi."   We are both convinced that Geoff called me.  She wants to know what would have happened if I had answered the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment