Friday, September 30, 2011

It's a beautiful day!

So, yesterday at work I was telling my co-worker about needing a $1000 brake job on the Mustang (I really only have 1 co-worker.  There are 4 of us in my office at the moment (there are 5 in the other office).  1 guy is always in the field (until the weather gets bad anyways), my boss, me and my co-worker.  Anyways, I was telling him I was thinking of going back to the Truck and pushing the Stang off a cliff.  He went out and looked at the brakes, said I could away with just pads for now and doing the rotors and calipers later.  That the pads could buy me 6 mos to 2 yrs time.  AND they would only cost about $20.  AND that he would be willing to do it. 

So right this very moment, he is doing my rear brakes.  It was my rear brakes that were metal on metal so he said he'd start there and see if the front brakes needed to be done at a later date (for another $20). And he won't let me pay him. He likes doing this sort of stuff.

He's the same one that upon hearing I was going to take drum lessons, came back from lunch with drumsticks for me.

And before anyone gets any ideas, he's happily married with a genius 7 y/o son.  The kid should be in 2nd grade, but he's in 3rd grade and doing 4th grade math. (in February they moved him from 1st grade to 2nd grade.)  He was playing chess at age 3 (and trying to teach Kal how to play). 

My boss is out today and I am not really in the mood to work. I am ready for the weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I love angels like that, wish I had one on Thursday. Went to go to work and my steering was completely gone. Had to run back into the house, yell at Kyle to give me his keys and took his truck to work. $686.00 later from Goodyear for a new power steering unit and Serpintine belt with the good news of my tire is not safe to drive on for even 3 miles, they don't know how I didn't have a blow out, so off to Discount Tire to pay yet another $80 for a tire. Thank God it was payday on Friday and the check had hit my account direct deposit a day early. Now for a very long frugal month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, I am still smiling and being positive, even if it kills me!

    ReplyDelete