Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Very nice weekend

Saturday was Karli's Daughter's Day.  She told me in June that all she wanted for Daughter's Day was to go up in the Space Needle.  She has never been up in it because she is afraid of heights but she did this rope climbing thing in June that was very scary for her and she conquered it and that gave her the courage to think she could do the Space Needle.  I don't believe I have been up in it since prom night.

Her Daughter's Day happens to fall during Bumbershoot and I didn't think we could get to it and I told her so.  She was slightly disappointed but asked if we could do it the following weekend.  But during the week when I was planning daughter's day, I looked it up and found out it was not "in the Bumbershoot fenced area".  Yay! Karli also wanted to see the "Gum Wall" at Pike Place.  Something I had never heard of until about 3 months ago but is evidentally a huge deal and her friends couldn't believe she had never seen it. (I'm so sorry we didn't take Donna to see it... she missed the chance to see a wall of colored saliva.) So I decided to surprise her.  We took the bus to Seattle, saw the gum wall and Pike Place, walked to the monorail and took it to the Space Needle.  When she found out that she COULD  actually go up in the Space Needle she freaked out..... until we got there.... and she looked up.... and up... and up... she said she was sorry but she couldn't do it after all.  She thought she could, but it was taller in person than it was in her mind.  I told her not to worry about it. (I really had NO desire to go up in it anyways, it was all for her!)  We had been saying on the way there that maybe next Daughter's Day we would ride The Ducks since we've talked about that for years and years and have never done it.  When she decided not to do the Space Needle a light bulb went of and I said LET'S DO THE DUCKS!  So we did.  It was great fun. I liked the water portion the best. Now we need to do it with Kallyn.  Then we stopped to watch this cute (shirtless) guy play bucket drums and he asked Karli to take one of his cards and Facebook him.  He asked her what her name was.  She thought THAT was the best part of her entire day! ; )

I did some more cleaning off and on.  2 boxes of recycle as I went through more papers.  Bill receipts and medical insurance slips from 2007.  That alone was about a whole box. I found stuff from 2004... I have always kept all records of payments I've made.  It felt good to shred stuff - oh yeah - the 2 boxes doesn't include the shredding! I took out a garbage bag of shredded stuff too! 

I am currently waiting for a call back from a bankruptcy attorney (i left a msg on Friday but then I found out he took a long wkend)

I am currently waiting for a phone call back from a Driving school.  There's a possibility Karli might start Driver's Ed TODAY. *gulp... shudder*  She is going to pay for most of it. If not today then October 11th. I wouldn't be ready then either...

No comments:

Post a Comment