Monday, January 3, 2011

Comment from my last blog

I had a wonderful comment on my last entry from a blog friend of Shana's.  Much wisdom.

"Painful as it sounds, you would do well to take off time from meeting Mr. Right or finding some guy your life for a year or so until you have achieved some sort of perspective. Hang out with the gals, or try some guys as friends with no romantic agenda - guys you are not interested in, in that way. While you are not whole, you will only meet people who fit the broken places and that is NOT a good recipe for doing anything but repeating the past. Life is long, and there will be time for a partner later. You will get a better perspective one what you want, not just 'a guy'."

I just talked to my aunt earlier that same day; she's 18 mos younger than me and going through a separation after 16 yrs of being together (they never married). She said when they broke up she put a 6 month moritorium on dating on herself. She has 1 more month to go and she's thinking of extending it.  



I thought that the "moratorium" was a good idea. Especially since I actually cannot see dating anyone....getting close to anyone or letting them "in (unless I date someone and tell him upfront he's the "rebound guy" so I can get that out of my system LOL) But at the same time I seem to have a need to have a guy in my life. To have a strong shoulder to lean on. I do have a guy friend that I have recently reconnected with. He was a really good friend from age 14-18 and then we lost touch. We reconnected on FB and met on 11/6. We've been texting frequently since. There is NO chemistry there. He is recently divorced himself so knows what its all about & he's "safe". We haven't seen each other in person again because he lives 45 min away and he works graveyard so schedules don't exactly mesh but we've talked about hanging out.


It's a really small world, but he actually dated Kirty before Travis did. She cheated on him w/Travis. Jr High stuff. How does all this stuff come back around??


Thanks for your comment David. It is always nice to see someone else reading my blog. ")

1 comment:

  1. David is a very smart guy. I have read his blog for 4 years now. He has lots of insight.

    I agree! You need time for yourself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete