Wednesday, January 19, 2011

something nice

Ok, I blog about all the bad stuff so when a nice little surprise happens, I should blog about it too.

I was scheduled to go to Fieldwork last night from 8-10 PM. Downtown. It was a focus group on politics or the environment or something.  They don't usually tell you but you can sort of guess by the survey questions they ask you. Anyways, it did NOT sound like fun. And I had to fudge a bit to get in but it paid a $75 Visa gift card.  I was sitting there eating dinner with the girls, eyeing the clock.  I. DID. NOT. WANT. TO. GO. I just kept reminding myself that I was getting paid $35 an hour. (I rounded down to figure the cost of gas).  That was the ONLY thinking keeping me going.  $35 an hour.  I was soooo close to bagging it BUT that is going to be my grocery money next week & possibly gas money. So, away I went.

You get there and sit in a room waiting to be called in.  All these different sorts of people, all not making eye contact with each other, yet we will be sitting in a rom together discussing a topic together for 2 hours. It is actually, kinda fun... I just felt like I was going to be in over my head talking about politics. UGH.

At 8 this guy comes and says there are actually going to be 2 focus groups and for everybody he calls to follow him and everyone else to stay there and he'll be right back.  He calls off names and everyone but THREE people get up.  I am one of the three.  We look at each other.  Um... OK.  He comes back and explains that they always overbook because not everyone usually shows up but tonight they did so they had randomly picked some names and we had to sit there for 15-20 minutes in case the focus leader wanted to switch someone out and if not, then we got paid and got to go home.  I WOOHOO'd inside.  At 8:20 I got my $75 Visa gift card and got to go home.

If anyone wants extra money you really should go to www.fieldwork.com/join.   Kallyn got a call the other day to do a focus group on bubblegum.  2 hours for $100 cash.  Some how she didn't pass the phone interview and make the focus group.  Maybe because she doesn't chew enough gum.   I have done one on a "green" promotion for Disney, a new phone App and a music survey - where you listen to 5 seconds of  different songs for 2 hrs and rate it. It was to help a radio station w/their programming. Might sound long & boring but time flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment