Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

Saturday night my aunt (the one that is 18 mo. younger than me) and I met up with 3 other people that were our best friends when we were young teens. They were all key people in keeping me sane. The 4 of them lived in the same neighborhood and I lived a little over an hour north. When my sister went to her dads every other weekend, I got to escape being a mini-mother and be a teenager. I didn't really have friends where I lived, my aunt was my best friend.

We had all found each other on FB and kept talking about having a reunion and we finally made it happen. There were actually 3 guys and 3 girls but 1 guy lives in SD so it was 5 of us. One of the guys has recently divorced and had just gotten an apartment with nothing in it so he thought it was a proper way to break it in. We had decided it would be a sleep over as we were thinking that we would just be there late catching up.

We laughed and laughed. There were many trips down memory lane. Many fuzzy memories but between us all we could put the pieces together. My cheeks were hurting from laughing so hard. We also got serious. It seems that everyone has something serious going on in our lives and we had deep conversations that I don't think any of us intended to have and then we got over it and got back to laughing again. It was like we had never been apart. We brought some games in case things got awkward. They sat there. At 2:51 I changed the clock back to 1:51 and the 3 drinking really liked that. Soon it was 5:00 a.m. (Where did the time go??) and my aunt I went to bed but we could still hear some chatter in the living room. My aunt and I probably talked until 6 and she was woken at 8 by her daughter calling to say loudly GOOD MORNING MOMMY!!!

I stayed awake all day Sunday and kept thinking I would pay on Monday. That my Fibro body would revolt on me. That I would probably wake with a migraine or at least in a huge amount of body pain. I did a lot of walking on Saturday before I went. But guess what? I woke just fine on Monday!!! I was still feeling the high from Saturday night. I went to the Chiropractor this morning but my mental state is still in that high and I truly think that is making my body feel better.

The guy from SD is coming to visit the end of January (we called him on speaker at 11:00 his time) so we are planning our next get together. We kept saying it couldn't just be one of those one time things and then we yada yada "we'll do this again" we are REALLY going to do it again. Since we did it without the other guy we HAVE to do it again - right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear a happy post!! Yay!! See? Friendship and laughter truly ARE important to our health. It's why I'm still living.

    ReplyDelete