Friday, November 12, 2010

And so it continues

I have continued to feel good all week. I keep finding myself smiling. I have hardly had any pain. I even had a comment from a coworker that I looked like I was feeling better. Two of the guys I work with have commented at times that my pain makes them hurt.

I was invited to go to a cabin in the mountains this weekend with a good friend and her daughters. Another friend of hers and her sons are going as well, I have just met her once but she seems nice enough. We are all riding together and I think it will be a blast. I am SO looking forward to it. She said it is about 20 min from Leavenworth for those that know the area.

I was going to work in Tacoma yesterday and was about to leave the house at 7 - about 15 min later than I had planned when the gal who covers for me called in sick. I decided I HAD to go to my normal workplace instead. At 10 I got a phone call from the head guy in the Tacoma office mad that I didn't show up there. The next phone call was a field guy in my office saying he was coming in for the day to catch up on paperwork, that his field jobs were shut down due to the Holiday. So, at 10:30 I made the 90 minute trip to the other office. I planned to work leave there at 4 but it was almost 5, so I got home at 6:30. Loooong day! But I was VERY productive in Tacoma, he really DID need me to go down there.

While I was there I got a call from my boss who is on vacation. He always ends up spending about half of his vacation time woring and this is no different. It was actually his birthday yesterday and his wife's on Sunday, but they are in Phoenix to see her dad and talk to lawyers about his care. He has Parkinson's and is in a home. Not a cheery vacation and he is working to boot. So when he asked me to come in at 7 to help him do something that could prevent us from losing $6,000, I was more than happy to (GULP) start work at 7 AGAIN.

Do you know that for 12 years I worked 4 tens and started work at 7 am? I don't know how the hell I did it because I have trouble getting to work at 8 now. I guess the incentive of having that extra day off during the week helped. I REALY liked having that day off during the week.

Ok, I actually brought A LOT of unfinished work with me from Tacoma and I am leaving at noon today to go play so I gotta get busy!

2 comments:

  1. So Demery, the misspelled word in your blog is making me crazy. Either your boss spends his days off "worrying" or "whoring"...because you wrote "woring." Which one is it, I'm dying to know. (I hope it's whoring. That makes such a better story!!) (Going to hell now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Working," Mo but I like whoring better too !!!

    ReplyDelete