Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I voted... but whats the point?

Saturday I picked up the voter's pamphlet and just about fell over - it was HEAVY! I don't know what the point of all the ads and mailers are besides WASTING MONEY! I don't just get mad at all the negativity but at all the money wasted. But I guess the printers were having a heyday. It was Christmas for them with all the mailers being printed. Mine just go straight into the garbage. I don't read them because I am too mad at the money being wasted. The only thing I read is the voter's pamphlet.

It made my head spin on some of the Initiatives and I had to put it down several times and I took the whole weekend, but I did it. I even voted for the damn Judge Jim Johnson even though I didn't in the primary solely because of his name. I told him I was sorry but I couldn't do it. But this time I read his info and mumbled that I was sorry to Mo and voted for him (he was running unopposed). Yesterday I proudly put my ballot in the mail.

This morning on the radio I was hearing that this Initiative was defeated and this one passed and yada yada. WHAT? But MY ballot hasn't been counted yet!! What about all the other ones mailed yesterday? So much for my vote counting.

However, when it comes down to the STUPID STUPID Patty Murry v Dino Rossi it may count. I can see that one coming down to a recount. Especially if the weasel is under by a few again. He likes recounts. Sorry if I offend anyone but I just do not like that man.

I really do not like the mail in ballot. I want to go to the polls and vote. Then the votes ARE counted THAT night. I don't like that they took that choice away from me. Kallyn almost cried when she turned 18 and wanted to go to the polls and vote and we told her you didn't do that anymore. We had to set up a poll booth at our kitchen table for her.

There is blue sky out this morning and I was feeling good but now I am feeling like I am defeated. "( I gotta give myself a little talking too and an attitude adjustment!

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of mail-in ballots. I can't think that it would be very safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On principle, I still couldn't vote for that stupidly named judge. I wrote in Mike Rowe. (I hope he wins!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to tell you but Judge Jime Johnson has a horrid record. His is as bad as the other man who shares his name.

    ReplyDelete