Thursday, August 19, 2010

20th Anniversary of our 1st Date

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of our first date. Since we got married on the 4th of July and consider it a family day, we have always acknowledged our 1st date anniversary as "our" date. We are not your traditional people. ") Kallyn was 7 months old and was my Maid of Honor and Jason was 8 and the Best Man. We considered it more of all of us becoming a "family" than just a union of Jake and I. Being on the 4th, everyone celebrates with fireworks. In fact, the whole country celebrates our anniversary!

We went to the Outback and had yummy Shrimp on the Barbie. OMG. I love that stuff! It made me think of being in New Orleans. I had a small steak and baked potato. I love their remoulade sauce. I have to try to recreate it myself. I ate every bite on my plate. It was delicious. Jake couldn't finish all of his and got a to go box. I felt like a pig but didn't care.

It was Karli's 2 month anniversary w/her boyfriend (isn't that cute?). They went to see Vampires Suck and said it was a pretty good movie. I asked if it was better than Dance Flick - because that movie almost made me pee my pants - and they both agreed that while it was good, Dance Flick was much better. I want to see it but I will wait til it comes out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment