Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My little happiness for the day

You have to take the little bits of happiness where you can get them. I went to Freddy's at lunch time. Our bathroom scale died awhile ago and it is really bothering me to not have one, so I went to buy a cheap one.

Weeeelllll, Jake, Kallyn and I all have these comfy 5x6 Down throw blankets. Karli is the one that gave Jake his for Christmas about 2 yrs ago. She made a comment then that she felt a little left out because she didn't have one. Now mind you, she has a MILLION blankets in her room. She and Kallyn both have a fettish for throw blankets and their Nana buys them all the time. BUT, ever since she said that, I have kept my eye out for one and have not been able to find one ANYWHERE. So today I was peaking around and what I saw is actually a twin comfortor, but it was on clearance. Instead of 34.99, it was 27.97. I should NOT be spending money AT ALL, but with the funky mind frame I am in, I can't seem to help myself. She has her special Daughter's Day coming up and I thought I would buy it for her as her "Good Morning - it's Daughter's DAy" gift. Justification. GUESS WHAT? I got up to be rang up and right under the 27.97 I saw the same blanket #'s & name and then 11.19. It looked to me like there was an addiotional charge. Like they were trying to cheat me and it wasn't on clearance THEN I realized - it was an additional 11.19 OFF! All clearance was an extra 40% off. Yay!! I told the checker that made me feel a little better about spending money I shouldn't be spending in the 1st place.

So, it is a little thing. But it made me SO happy. I am crazy, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment