Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A rant, a coincidgod and a ohgodwhatnow?

RANT
I was going to come here and rant how much I hated the terrible horrible MRI on my head and to say that I am never EVER ever going to have another one EVER .... without pain killers and sedatives beforehand anyways. I thought I had had an MRI on my head before but I am sure now I would have remembered that HELL before.

The nice man that runs the MACHINE FROM HELL put earplugs in my ears, then put a shield around my head and tucked foam in around my head between my head and the shield - he said all to help block out the noise.

IT. DID. NOT. WORK.

The test was to be 35 minutes all together but broken up into pieces... he'd say "this test will be one minute." This test will be 3 minutes." Then he said. "This is the longest test, it will be 7 minutes." It went on and on and on. I had tears running down my face. I thought my head was going to explode. These noises sounded like drills and jackhammers. Take the drill at the dentist's office and magntify it x100. No. Kidding. I had a headache going into it. When he wheeled me out, I was nauseous, the room was spinning. I had a migraine. I went home, called in sick and spent the rest of the day in bed.

COINCIGOD (because I don't really believe in coincidences)
I was waiting in the waiting room (how aptly name eh?) for the hell to happen and all the Doctors had a framed Bio on the wall with a picture and where they went to school, their philosphy and their "special interest" if they had one. I get to my doctor's - I've only been to him once, so I wanted to read it, and one of his special interest's is - get this -
REFLEX SYMPATHETIC DYSTROPHY!!!
So, um... ya, Kallyn has an appointment with him at the end of the month. When I made the appt, I found out that the Dr was gone for a month, so I didn't expect to hear back for awhile on the MRI... so I was surprised when I got a call today..........

OHGODWHATDOIDONOW?
Yep, I got a call that there was an abnormality in the right coratid. on the right coratid? not sure of the terminology. Just know that I need to go see a Vascular Dr. She told me she was faxing a referral over, along with the MRI report and to wait about 30 min to call. I waited 45 looooong minutes for good measure and did they have it yet? NO. hold hold hold while she double checked. How do I spell my name again? Hold hold hold - nope. She would call me when they go it. 45 minutes later - nothing. My right eye has been on fire all day. burning like crazy. I don't see anything wrong with it. I keep trying to rinse it with water and it almost hurts more. Could it be related? Am I just crazy? The eye has actually been bugging me off and on for about 2 weeks but today is the worst.

I am just so done. so so done.

1 comment:

  1. You probably need a roto-rooter of your carotid and be good as gold. DON'T THINK THE WORST BEFORE YOU KNOW ANYTHING!! Sheesh. Who do you think you are...me? Honestly.

    ReplyDelete