Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Freezing

I woke up in the middle of the night shivering. The wind was blowing and the noise it was making made me think it was raining too. It was 91 yesterday and they are saying the high today is going to be 71. I thought we were going to have a day or two of 80's before we went to 70.

I. DONT. DO. TEMPERATURE. CHANGE. WELL.

I am not an acclimater (I made that word up). I have long sleeves on today and goose bumps. My head hurts a little more and my body is stiff. My sciatic (nerve from my lower back, down my leg to my ankle) tends to burn more when the temperature changes swiftly. I had a bone spur removed from my ankle in 2003 but I went through almost a year of pain in the ankle before they figured out what was wrong - that ankle aches something fierce when the weather changes quickly or it's too cold outside. The gray, cold, overcast is my enemy but Jake thinks I am joking when I talk about moving to California. I am getting more and more Serious. Thinking San Diego.

I am feeling a scooch better mentally than yesterday. There is not much worse to me than feeling mentally off and having no idea why. It just makes feeling "off" even worse. I went to Target at lunch and went through the clothes section. I tried on some jeans and bought a pair. I needed a new pair. Can I afford them? No. So of course I feel guilty. But Jake's response was "Good! You deserve to buy yourself something." Then Karli told me that I looked really hot in them. She said her mommy was wearing skinny jeans and looked really hot. She thought I was so cool. That was a good ego boost. I also bought this really cute light weight sweater thing that is waist length in the front and longer in the back and a t-shirt on clearance. I declared it my back-to-school outfit ")

I am seeing my aunt (she is 18 mo younger than me and was my childhood/teenage yrs best friend) on Saturday and am pretty excited. She is starting to go through the divorce process and is not having a good time. They are not actually married but have been together for 16 yrs and have a 4 y/o. He has been sick and now seems to be a little insane. She needs a girls night. We are going to see Eat Pray Love. I think I need a RahRah night soon too. Maybe once school starts and routines are more normal. is there a normal?

Shana - you have never had a snickerdoodle cookie? or even heard of it? maybe Canadians call it something else. Cindy??? It is like a sugar cookie but it is rolled in cinnamon & suger before it is cooked. Many people thing they should be crispy but I like mine really soft. Children's Hosptial doesn't make them, they buy these cookies, of all varieties from someplace and they are all reeaallly soft. They are the large kind that are like 5 inches in diamater. When I make them at home, I love to roll the dough in the cinnamon & and just eat it like that. YUM!

ok... back to work...

2 comments:

  1. We ALL need a Rah Rah night. I was just thinking that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had one either....But I have heard of them.

    ReplyDelete