Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vascular Dr Appt

So, the good news is that they said I am not in any danger. I don't need any other tests; at the moment at least. I have an appointment next Tuesday at 2 with the Dr. The receptionist said that she would talk to me, go over the results and what it means and tell me what to look out for. What ever that means!! I am still curious as hell what. it. is. that. is. wrong. with. me.

It hit me this morning. I was joking that I was having an MRI so they could see if they could see my brain. Well - they found it and it's abnormal! Duh!

Did you know that people with migraines are at a higher risk for having a stroke? Did you know that STRESSSSSSSSSSSS can cause a stroke? Did you know that they were testing to see if those "episodes" I had were TIA's - or mini strokes? Do you know that I have migraines and do not know how to NOT be stressed??? Deep breath Demery.

I should be more relaxed. They are not worried. Nothing that dangerous. BUT SHE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME, AND I STILL. DO. NOT. It is the not knowing that bugs me. How can I google it without knowing? 5 more days.

2 comments:

  1. I just won't say anything. You'll still just worry yourself into a frazzle so it won't do any good. I will continue to think it's all going to be fine, until they tell us otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your carotid arteries feed your brain. Usually, problems related are blockages, narrowing or constriction of one of the arteries. Blockage - plaque - treated with everything from plavix type meds to what my father-in-law calls Roto-rootering the artery out with a catheter procedure. Narrowing - caused my blockages or hardening of the arteries (genetics and/or lifestyle, i.e diet, little to no exercise, etc) and treated with everything from meds to stents.
    Constriction - caused by blockages, narrowing or actual physiological issue, for example, my father-in-law had a longer than normal styloid process (where neck bones attach to skull) and when he turned his head in a certain way it would constrict that carotid artery resulting in TIA's. They went in, shaved some off and that fixed that.
    So . . . none of this helps you De-stress or worry less because information is useless without knowledge. The Doc would have had your ass in there PRONTO if it was troubling and if it was serious you'd have gone straight through admitting and been booked for a procedure. That's how it works. I promise!

    ReplyDelete