Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend

I had fun Saturday... of course.  Although it was disappointing that no one got tipsy enough to laugh at. 

When  I got home though and there was still no sign of Scooter, I lost it.  I had been calling for him and looking around the neighborhood all day Saturaday.  I realized Saturday morn that I hadn't seen him since Thursday AM.   I was awake until 5:30.  Crying.  Kallyn came home at 1:300 but I didn't tell her until the morning.  We just do. not. need. this. 

He is just such a loving, snuggling BIG boy!  He looks like a lion but we call him our cowardly lion because the birds making noise in the backyard will scare him.  The wind blowing the trees will scare him.  He is also are whiney boy.  He doesn't MEOW, he MOW's or Maaaaaaw.  He is my "potty buddy".  For some reason he LOVES to sit on your lap when you go to the bathroom. As soon as you reach for the toilet paper, he jumps down.  He just likes that little snuggle.  If he sees you heading that way, he will run after you.  Sometimes he goes in to the bathroom and Maw's and stands by the toilet like he is telling you to sit down.  So you sit on the toilet (pants up) and he jumps up and sits down.  Sometimes when you reach for the toilet paper he will lean back into you, like "nope, I'm not done snuggling yet."  Scooter James.  Scooter Booter Buddy Boy.  Scoot.  Buddy.  

I am praying he's alive and that we find him but I just feel this heaviness in my heart.  I started feeling it on Saturday.  Like I just know that a coyote got him.  I am not trying to be negative... not at all.  You know people often say that they can feel when someone is gone.  I just have this deep ache in my heart.  Like I know he's gone.  Damn.  tears starting again. I have to go.

PS  I did make several phone calls at lunch.  I make too damn much money for some help ... and I am playing phone tag with other people.  Spent lots of time on hold for nothing.




3 comments:

  1. I love you. Happy birthday...wish to God you didn't have the heavy heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope your Scooter comes home today giving you the best birthday present ever.
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demery-
    Where does your inner strength come from? I admire you so much.
    Love you-
    Martha

    ReplyDelete