Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

My power of positive thinking on Friday?

PATOOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the nicest word I can think of to say.

My positive day Friday? 

Kallyn working her first day all by herself ended up with her leaving work early sicker than a dog.  She spent most of the day at work puking.  She thought she had the flu but she has spent the last few days in bed, probably with a sinus infection.  She is calling the Dr today.  She was supposed to work Saturday and Monday and she did not.  Being that it is a coffee/food stand, her boss doesn't want her there with her germs. 

Karli going to Fieldwork from 4-6 on Friday to earn $100?  Almost didn't end well. They were supposed to be there at 3:45 to check in, which her FATHER knew.  I sent him the email with directions and instruction.  I emailed it to him at 10 am.  I texted him to let him know that I sent it.  He was at our house at 2, Karli get home close to 3.  They were to leave at 3.  Weeeeellll, I guess Karli said she was tired to he told her to lay down and take a short nap.  W.T.H.???  He believes that EVERYONE should spend their lives in bed resting. sleeping. doing nothing.  That is his cure for everything.  So they left the house at 3:30.  To get to downtown Seattle at 3:45.  You can't always get there in a half hour, so getting there by 4 was touchy.  If you are late to this then you don't get in.  You don't get paid.  Of course their whole drive there I am texting and asking where they are.  Completely stressed out.  Not working.  Pissed to high heaven.  They got there at 4:10.  At 4:23 I texted JAke and said "Well, did she get in?"  His response "We are waiting in the lobby."  "WAITING FOR WHAT?" 

Meanwhile I am talking to Kallyn on the phone, she is crying because her boss showed up to work to check on her on her first day and flipped out because Kallyn was working and she was sick.  Germs everywhere. She sent her home.  Kallyn said she had been trying to call her for 2 hours and she hadn't answered her phone but then she was mad at her like she should have called her. 

Then I got a text at 4:33 from Karli saying that she didn't get to go in but they GAVE HER THE $100 Visa Gift card anyways.  She is so damn lucky and so is Jake.  He got to live.

I had a nice Saturday and nice Sunday, until 9:20 pm when Kallyn called me and said "Had Jeanetha been sick?" and I told her not that I knew of.  She said "Demison posted RIP Mom on his FB" and I said "NOOOOOOO!" I said "I am pretty sure his dad has had cancer more than once, are you sure it doesn't say RIP Dad?" and she said "No, it says RIP Mom"  I was freaked so I texted Mo to see if she knew anything.  She didn't but I freaked her out.  I went to Jeanetha's FB page and other people's FB page.  Nothing.  I messaged her best friend and she responded fairly quickly confirming, that yes it was true, that Jeanetha was gone.  It was a heart attack.  I was never good friends with her but I would say more than acquaintances.  Kallyn went to Kindergarten with one of her sons and all the way through school, so that means I've known her for 14 years.  It seems that EVERYONE knows her.  She was a very popular bus driver so kids and parents know her.  Her sons played sports, She was involved in PTA, involved in church and she did have a smile that lit up a room. And only 43 years old.  Do you know how scary that is??   Oh, and she worked at Childrens.  I am thinking how torn up her coworkers must be.  I know the bus drivers are. 

I am came to work today and now there is a blizzard outside my office.  My boss just left and told me (with a laugh) not to get lost in the blizzard.  HELLO?!?  Can I go home please? I don't know how bad it's supposed to get.  I supposed I should have listened to the news last night instead of laughing at them when they said it was going to snow.  They are SOOOO often wrong.

Ok, now that I am thoroughly depressed.  I must get to work.  It is a Monday & a Tuesday on a payroll week. Busy Busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment