Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend update

So Saturday I was supposed to go to a Company party with a friend.  I wasn't too excited about going somewhere with a bunch of strangers but I WAS excited to wear this dress that I bought at the Lincoln City Outlet Mall in July 2009 that still had the tags on it.  I also thought we were going to some place fancy inSeattle. He was supposed to wear a suit.  So dressing up... someplace nice in Seattle... that sounded like fun.  Then the night before I found out it was in someone home.  He texted me that the invite read "in our home, cocktails, buffet, dancing.  Take shuttle from Shoreline college."  I thought WTH??  I didn't want to go to someones house.  AND what kind of house do you go to that you NEED TO TAKE A SHUTTLE?  Ok, maybe it was a fancy house.  It must be a big house if they were having dancing in the house, right?  I guess I was intrigued.

I took a nap because I was tired and wanted to be rested and not have bags under my eyes.  I showered.  I SHAVED.  I haven't worn a dress forever.  I primped.  I put on PANTYHOSE. I got a phone call about 10 minutes before I was to leave that he was cancelling on me.  There were a couple reasons.  One was he had to work late and had just gotten home so we were already going to be late.  Two, he has a guy living in a motorhome on his lot next door and his power was out for some reason, so he had to try to figure out why before he could even shower.  There was a Three that was the worst reason but I am not getting into that.

I wasn't just dressed,  I took pains to get dressed.  I WAS GOING SOMEWHERE DAMN IT!!!  I had been invited to a Christmas party but I couln't go because of this holiday party that I had promised to go to.  But I didn't have the lady's phone #, just her FB page. GRRRR. They planned to go to Big Daddy's after the party and had invited me to meet them their after my party so I had that to do but not until 9 and I wanted to go someplace NOW (it was 6).  I texted a couple people and sat to cool off a little.

At 8 a friend invited me to a local tavern to play darts. I figured I could go watch.  When I tried to play darts 20 yrs ago, I had trouble finding the dart board. I got there and she whispers to me "Im on a date"  OMG, I asked why the hell she invited me then and she said it was actually his idea. She had read my text out loud and he was taking pity on me. Sheesh. And he insisted I play darts.  We played 3 games.  And I got 2 bulls-eyes. It was a lot of fun. 

Then I went dancing and danced my little heart out.  A guy I sort of like was completely ignoring me and was dancing with 3 girls the entire time so I got feelings hurt again and just danced my little heart out.  I really like the ladies that were there, they were all so excited to see me. They are having a gift exchange dinner there in 2 wks and I was reminded 3 or 4 times to make sure I come.  

So I really did end up having a fun time over all and I got so many compliments on my dress. I'm going to have to wear it again, just because.

Sunday I had no energy but did some puttering. I can't find my Christmas clothes and can.not. for the life of me think of where they might have gone.  They have ALWAYS ALWAYS been put away in the same spot. The same for my Snowmen. I have a whole rubbermaid container of Snowmen stuff and I CANNOT FIND IT.  It had been in the POD.  Kar and I watched a DVR'd House marathon and made Christmas cards.  It's the first time I've done something crafty in a year. It was quite enjoyable. I need to do it more often.

Now it's Monday and I'm not ready to face another week. blahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment