Friday, December 9, 2011

A little better today

I am $50 richer for doing nothing, but I guess I could have easily been $75 richer.  Who knew?  Our family has a sonicare system that holds 4 toothbrushes and we all used it at first and after awhile Jake was the only one that used it.  This dealy was just a one brush thing.  I can't believe just 1 would cost that much. When the guy finally showed up (he changed the time on me & I had to wait for an hour Grrr) he asked why I was selling it so cheap, he thought it might have been a scam at first because the cheapest he had seen one for was $75.  I was mentally smacking myself upside my head.  I didn't even look to see if other people were selling them and for how much.  I'm trying to sell some damn dolls and I've researched the hell out of them.  Geesh.  BUT like I said, $50 more than I had.

And dancing was just what I needed to give me a little boost in my step and calm my mental anguish.  I've made some friends there (the person I had been going with hasn't gone for the last month and I've gone by myself so I started sitting with this group of ladies) and I got invited to a Christmas party at one of there house's Saturday that I can't go to, but also got invited to a pre-dancing Christmas party gift exchange in 2 wks at Big Daddy's with them.  It is just huge for shy introvert me to have ventured out in the last few months and made some new friends, to have stepped outside my comfort zone and pushed some limits.  (I am not in ANY way trying to replace any of my current friends, no sir-ee!)   I also got a major compliment.... he is a regular, but I've never danced with him before.  He is quite handsome....if only he wasn't in his late 50's-early 60's, it would be better!  lol!  It still helps the ego to be told you are amazing.  I also saw someone that is pretty much like an ex-brother in-law and his dancing cracks me up! It's disco music and he dances like it's rap. 

I am going out with a friend tonight (actually the one that is like a sister and it's her exhubby that I saw last night) and then I am going with a friend to his Company Christmas party tomorrow night.  I agreed to go mostly because it is a dressy event and I have this dress I have had for over a year (maybe 2) and never worn.  It says cocktail attire, which calls for an above the knee dress, but I don't have any of those.  This dress is below the knee and I don't care because I have been DYING to wear it.  And it has no sleeves so I am going to freeze. I do not care.

No comments:

Post a Comment