Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hey doing good!

I'm sort of afraid to say that and jinx it. I believe in jinxing.

I had such a good weekend (it really started on Thursday and kept going through Sunday).  I closed down Big Daddy's 3 nights in a row. Whew!  I love love the security guy (Shawn) there.  Love to give him crap.  ") He had to almost pick me and a friend up and throw us out on Thur & Sat.  he he.  I wish he had done that to this drunk girl I was giving a ride home to on Friday night.  Boy, it was like trying to herd....herd...I don't know something REALLY difficult to herd, to get her out the door.  When I saw Shawn Sat. night he told me next time he'd pick her up and carry her out the door for me.  I asked him if he'd come with me to take her home so he could pick her up out of the truck too!  We sat in her driveway for 45 minutes before she quit talking and got out!!     

Here is who I saw Friday night - this is Mikey Spandex from Platinum Spandex.  He is a main reason I like to come!! Yes, he is married (and has a daughter that plays softball on a rival team of my daughters!) but looking doesn't hurt... right?


Saturday night I went to a Christmas party with 26 people there. 1 person I knew really well and there were 3 people I knew somewhat and 3 were acquaintances and the other people I'd pretty much never seen before.  It started at 7 and the person I knew really well wasnt going to be there til 8.  I put on my big girl panties and went by myself.  (BIG deal for me! but I'm working on stretching that comfort zone and branching out ya know) so I went and had fun and met new people and laughed really hard and got a text from my good friend that she was going to be later (she got there at 10:30).  She and I left at 12:30 and weren't quite ready to go home.  The bands play til 1:00 at Big Daddy's so we decided to run there. I've wanted to see the band that was playing for awhile so I got to see a couple songs.  They are a 10 person band with trumpets and saxaphones & such - very cool!

From all of that I woke up Sunday in the Christmas Spirit.  Finally! I woke up and put on my Santa Hat and naked Santa earrings and knee high Santa socks and Karli and I baked cookies and went shopping.

Yesterday I finished Christmas shopping. This year I bought less than I ever have.  The girls each get one present and their stockings.  It just breaks my heart.  Karli tells me it's just fine; all she wants is her nose pierced.  (ughh)  (Now I just have to decided between paying the cable/internet bill or the cell phone bill.)

The good mood is still carrying on and it's Wednesday.  Woohoo!  I'm going to a Christmas dinner/gift exchange Thursday before the dancing and it sounds like a lot of people I know are going to be there Thursday, so LOTS of fun!  I was invited to a Christmas party on Friday from a friend and I will not know ANYONE else there (besides my girls).  More branching out.  Saturday I celebrate Christmas with my siblings and step-mom and Sunday will be spent with my beautiful girls and Jake & Normi. I get Monday off, yay!!

Dang... better get back to work. Soooooo not in the mood.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are feeling happy. Amazing what exercise can do. And all these years, you just thought I was a freak. Endorphins are the best drug ever. A true gift from God. Love you~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting up at 5 am to cycle still seems a little freaky to me Deb, but what ever makes YOU happy! ")

    ReplyDelete