Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Whooo boy -

I have just been an emotional mess for about a week.  (yes, yes - I know much longer - but it's been WORSE)

First Kallyn and her boyfriend broke up last Wednesday night.  I am so very proud of her, because he hasn't been treating her right and while she is DEVASTATED, (D-E-V-A-S-T-A-T-E-D) she got tired of it and iniated the "talk".  He decided he doesn't have time for a girlfriend now.  He is working OMG get this ...
40 HOURS A WEEK (and not in school or anything) It's hard being a grown up huh?

Jeanetha's service was Sunday and her whole death has just had me freaked out.  As far as I knew, she was a perfectly healthy 43 y/o woman that had a heart attack.  I asked someone at the memorial if she had had an autopsy and she said "Didn't you hear? She had a broken toe that caused an emobolism."  OMG.  WTH.? What are the odds?  I've joked at work, or my boss has joked... "I've got to have xxx in order because you never know, I could be hit by a bus."  Truth is, you truly never know what might happen.  Life is too damn short and too damn precious.

My little brother that's married and my sister-in-law live in Phoenix (EVERYONE else lives right around here).  Her dad has been having stomach issues and intense pain.  Doctors finally decided he had a hiatial hernia and something wrong with his esphogus, both surgically repairable.  Last Tuesday he had surgery at the UW and Thursday went home to Cle Elum.  Friday he ended up in Ellensburg Hospital with double pneumonia, dementia and internal bleeding.  Over the weekend His lungs shut down from the pneumonia, which made his heart stop and they had to resuscitate him.  I got a text from one of my sisters Monday morn that they were on their way here from Phoenix because he was now in a coma and they didn't expect him to make it.  While my B & SIL were in the air, they arilifted him from Ellensburg to the UW.  He just turned 50.  A week ago he went into the hospital for a fairly standard surgery.  I guess it turned out he had pneumonia already and they didn't realize when the operated on him.  He lost oxygen when his heart stopped.  They don't think he is going to come out of the coma. They were going to do an MRI today and the Dr's wanted to have a "family meeting" tomorrow. We went to visit my bro & SIL last night.  They don't have money and my brother had just planned to take SIL to airport but when it was time for him to go, he couldn't leave her and got on the plane w/her - with nothing.  Is that not SO SWEET?  Ever since I got the text Mon AM, I have just been a wreck - it makes another point at how short life is and how unexpectedly things can turn out.

While I was at the UW last night I got a text from Deb saying that her son was in the hospital in Arizona with a punctured lung.  ((hugs)) Deb.

Martha, I have checked the IRS site many many many many times and it kept saying that they hadn't received anything from us yet.  Jake was at the house yesterday and caught the wife neighbor of the CPA and she said that he mentioned that it came back for some reason (WHEN? I'd like to know) and that he was going to call last night - but he didn't and I forgot until this morning.

The mortgage person called again yesterday... she's still trying to be really nice but she can only hold off her boss's for so long.

*sigh*  that post drained me even more emotionally.  I am SUPER tired today.  Just want to sleee   zzzz..... (No Mo, that does not say sleaze!) ; )

1 comment:

  1. Wow Demery! Just to let you know a return usually gets rejected within the first 24 hours and then we have to figure out what's causing the problem. You probably could have gotten a refund back by now by mailing in a paper return! Most of us are so swamped right now that we don't know where to start. I try to help people like you who are in dire straights, but maybe everyone else is too.

    ReplyDelete