Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday

This is one of the loooooooonnnnnnnngggeeeesssssssstttttt Friday's of my life.  Usually my mornings fly and before I know it, it is noon and then a lot of times the afternoon drags for me.  Today I was ready for it to be noon and it was 9:46.  Could be partially because I do not feel good at all and just want to get into my jammies and climb into bed and sleeeeeep.  My head hurts and I've been doubled over with stomach issues all day.  Running to the bathroom and feeling like I am going to puke.  Don't think it is food poisoning as I've hardly eaten anything the last couple of days. 

But I just HAD to blog about my dear wonderful neighbor (the tax man).  He called last night and said that his wife told him Tuesday night that our taxes hadn't made it to us and he was suprised so he went to check it out and was told it was kicked back because the EIN on the W2 was different than what the IRS had for the EIN of my company.  That is funny, because they sure seem to have our correct EIN on THIS end (work).  He said he spent 90 minutes on the phone with the eFile "guru" in Miami and finally got it resubmitted and was told yesterday that it was confirmed as being received.  But now I was back to the 8-15 days waiting period.

He said "But you can't really wait that long can you?" I said I didn't really have a choice and he said "I would like to write you a check for amount of your return and then you can just pay me when you get it."  I squeaked out "You can't do that."  as far as I knew, they are about as broke as we are.  He said "Yes I can, please let me do this for you Demery.  I will be over in 10 minutes."   A check AND at the door delivery!   When he brought it over it he was telling me that he hasn't paid his heating bill in 2 months and he doesn't get paid until April 18th for what he's doing now.  I was like, then YOU need THIS money.  He said that oh now, he didn't want to touch it, but it was in an account only earning like 2% interest so he didn't mind loaning it out for 2-3 weeks.  IS HE NOT A WONDERFUL MAN??

Now tomorrow I can go to the Credit Union and when his check has cleared, I can pay January and February's mortgage.  (and just be behind March and in one week, April's)  PROGRESS though... right?

1 comment:

  1. It will get better! Keep your chin up and push through this and before you know it, it'll be a memory. Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete