Friday, March 18, 2011

I AM LEGAL TODAY!! WOOT-WOOT Here is a repost from this day last year.

March 18, 2010
I am going to Canada tomorrow with Mo, William and his friend. We are going to stay at Cindy’s Friday night and then venture into Vancouver Saturday to sight see some (I haven’t been to Vancouver for 20 years) and then watch Williams & his friend drink just because they are 19 and they can. Seriously. That is the whole point of the trip. Mo invited me because I am her Canada partner-in-crime. I guess if she’s going to get arrested for any reason coming across the border, she wants me by her side. I would like to go to China Town (or it’s probably PC to say International District)


I am 20 today!!!! My AA Birthday that is. St. Patricks Day 1990 is the last day I drank. It is a good think I celebrated my real 20th birthday in Canada since I was sober when I turned 21. Yes – that is the last time I was in Vancouver – to drink. So I actually don’t remember much about the whole trip. When I first got sober I thought I couldn’t wait until I turned 40 because shortly after I would have 20 years and then I would be sober half my life. Because yes, I came out drinking – mom drank while pregant, it was common practice back then to stick some whiskey in the baby bottle to help baby sleep, it was ok to give kids sips of drinks. I drank kerosene when I was 18 months old because it was in a wine bottle and I LOVED wine. I knew what a wine bottle was. I saw it, I drank it, I quit breathing. Hmmm… never liked wine after that. I still cannot stand the smell of red wine. Turns my stomach. 20 and it is still not always easy. Let me tell you. With all the stress I have, having a drink would be nice – but I wouldn’t have A drink and I know that.

March 18, 2011
OH, what I wouldn't give to go back to Canada with Mo, William and my "son" Elliot!  That was so much fun. I haven't been to see Cindy since then and she has done all sorts of fancy stuff to her house since then.  Yes, leaving the country right now sounds good.
 
Kallyn and her boyfriend broke up the night before last.  She is devastated.  She can't stop crying and mostly wants to just lay in her dark bedroom because everything on TV or in music makes her think of him.  He also has a dachshund that she is quite attached to - and vice versa. The dog goes crazy and climbs up her and lays her head on Kallyn's shoulder like a child when she sees her.
 
I am 21 years sober today and legal! ")  I can't lie, there are still some times that it is hard. Some alcoholics don't like the taste, they just want the effects.  I really liked rum and coke, or whiskey and coke.  BUT after what myself and my daughters have gone through for the last 4 years with Jake - THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that I would EVER do that to my family and friends.  It is not worth it for anything.  I drink and I lose everything.  For what?  Feeling f'd up for a few hours?  Then losing everything.  People drink to feel better and just end up feeling 10x worse. 
 
Karli saw a counselor yesterday.  She didn't really comment afterwards.  The first appointment is mostly about gathering all of her background info and getting to know her.  That took an hour and then they talked for a half hour together with out me in the room.  She goes back next Tuesday.  I told her she had to see this lady at least 3x before she decided whether she "clicked" with her.
 
Now if I can just talk Kallyn into seeing someone.  Especially now with the breakup when she is saying there is no point in living.  That she will never trust anyone again.  That she is better off with no friends so noone can hurt her. *sigh*
 
Still no check from the IRS.  It was efiled on Feb 24 and was supposed to take 8-14 days. It has been 16 days. 

4 comments:

  1. Birthday cake is coming! Birthday cake is coming! Whoo hooo!! (I'm having a beer to celebrate FOR you!! Tee hee.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Demery! I'm praying for you and the girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demery have you gone to www.irs.gov and clicked on where's my refund. It is supposed to tell you exactly when it will be mailed or deposited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you. 21 years. That is something to really brag about.

    ReplyDelete