Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A little proud moment

This is silly, but just a little proud moment for myself.  Ok two, but they are related. 

I stopped to get gas this morning and as I was putting in my PIN code, I just felt this little proud moment.  This was MY PIN code.  My brand new pin code. This is the first time I've had my own bank account in 20 years. I really did it.  I broke off from my joint account and got my own, that my paychecks go to. At a different credit union.  That just makes me feel so free.  And strong. And independent.

I opened the account 9/9.  I have kept a register since then. 6 weeks.  It has been so many years, I can't even remember, since I actually kept a register.  I've just always looked on-line and did math in my head... and often got into trouble.  I swore to myself that this time I was keeping a register.  So far I have done it.  I just went on-line to get my statement, and my register and my statement MATCH. They RECONCILE. AND this new account earns interest if you have over $500 in our account.  I have made $2.53 so far! Woohoo (and I'm sincere!) I've never earned interest in a checking account before!! 

2 comments:

  1. This is so not silly. These are great moments for you. Great moments. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete