Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yesterday was hard day

Bubba has had a swollen lip for over a week so I broke down and took him to the vet yesterday.  I am a horrible person.  I have another cat that has been sick off and on forever and I haven't taken him because I think it will cost hundreds of dollars.  I have some medicine that I give him when it gets a little worse that helps a bit. He is 17-18 yr old and I think he has other health issues wrong with him and I think deep down I won't take him to the vet because I don't want to know all of that. But I took Bubba Gump the little autistic kitty (not really, we just call him that).

The doctor gave it some long scary name (granuloma was part of it and that sounds like a cancer name to me) but it means he's got a flea allergy and in the mouth like that, a sore that gets infected could go to his heart so it IS a bad place/way to have a flea allergy. So he got prednisone and he needs to have flea stuff on him every 3 weeks.... forever.  I got flea stuff for all of the animals (except Hope because she is not only allergic to fleas, but she's allergic to the flea stuff too) and I got this spray that is supposed to be really good and on Saturday I have to do the whole house, one room at a time.  It takes 30 minutes to dry and no humans or animals can be in that room while it's wet. Fun.

I got home and had a VM from someone that I've used for 19 yrs telling me they are going to have to send me to collections.  I went to work and a collections agency called me at work.  I put the retainer check in the mail to the bankruptcy attorney.

And I broke down. I need to do it.  I've been planning to do it.  It was just hard and so final to actually put it in the mail.  Now it is done and the next phase starts.

I was going to pay my mortgage with this check but I just remembered that I have to pay insurance.  I need $949 to file bankruptcy.  I had plannned to do it on the 21st but now I am thinking it will be 11/4.

I have this stupid mobility scooter to sell.  I was going to start it to make sure the battery worked because I've heard if they sit too long they die.  I coulnd't find the #$%@$%^ key anywhere.  It wasn't easy, but I was able to order a replacement key for this discontinued scooter.  The day AFTER I ordered it, Kallyn found it $%@. I charged the battery, plugged it in and turned the key.  Nothing.  Oh, well, I take that back - the headlight went on and the back up light will beep but the battery level is a big fat E. A battery costs $60ish.  So, do I buy the battery so I can sell this thing for $300-400 or do I try to sell it saying it needs a new battery?  I want it out of my living room!  And I need the money. Yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment