Thursday, October 14, 2010

Want to blog now but don't have time

I want to blog but don't have time at work as I am quite busy and the router at home died so we have no internet and can't afford a new one until next payday (10/22)

Briefly - It has taken a week, but I have gotten a single user license software moved from another office to this office, loaded on my computer and learned it as the person who used to do it has left the company. It is a special software that Geotechnical companies use for their test pit and drilling logs. When I have seen reports to go out, there are typical 4 or 5 logs done. My first project had 28! I spent the entire day yesterday staring at the computer. I have more to do today. I LOVE LOVE being busy though and I and love learning something new and feeling like I am being productive. One of the owners told me that if anyone could do it, I could. That feels good (even though I partially know he is just sucking up to me... that is his way)

I am trying to drink less caffeine...again. I did good in August and I think I noticed a difference. September when to hell in a handbasket (what the $@#$@ does that mean??). There are 4 cans of Coke left in the fridge at work. I don't plan to buy more. If I am going to drink soda, it will have to be Pepsi *shudder* I bought green tea at Costco that tastes really good and today I brought in the electric kettle that I HAD to buy in Canada in March even though I didn't know when I'd ever use it. (Hello Cindy) I just christianed it. ")

So far the medicine the Neurologist put me on to help w/daily headache is not helping. First of all, I had to cut back on it as I was constantly dizzy (more like I felt like I had had 2-3 rum & cokes) and I wake up every morning feeling like my temples are in a vice and someone is tightening it.

Last thought... I am REALLY REALLY sick of the pepto bismol pink of my blog page so I want to find time to change it really soon.

No, back to doing logs. WAIT - THIS JUST IN: I just got a phone call saying that all of logs I did look beautiful and that it looks like I have mastered gINT!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I expected to have to edit a bunch of things that I messed up.

Oh, And gINT is pronounced with a G like Gail, not with a J sound like Joy. I spent 12 years at my last job and they pronounced it wrong. Do you know HOW HARD it is for me to say it correctly now?? My boss hates it hates it hates it when I say it wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Demery. I suppose that instead of bugging Mo to ask you, I’ll just come here to ask you whether you’ve investigated those suggestions I sent along. They are merely suggestions, as I don’t know any of them either personally or professionally, other than hearing the names mentioned by people I know. I do have others if you need them, and I encourage you to do research into this. No good will come if there isn’t a certain bond and trust between you and whomever you choose. I wish you great luck, I really do. The one piece of free advice that I will share with you, that you can take or leave, is to surround yourself with positive people. The negative, the fair weathers, the ones with their own agendas and concerns, get rid of those. You don’t have to dump people, just don’t allow them access into your life. This is harder than it seems, I know. I’ve been trying to help Mo do this for about four years now and I still have to knock hr over the head to get my point across. Know what’s right in your heart and follow it. If it doesn’t feel right, it absolutely isn’t. I guarantee that. And most especially, don’t allow people to use you to influence other people. Think of the people who have been on board with you from the get-go, the ones who are ready at any moment to lay down their lives for you and yours. Being a Rah Rah isn’t as important as being family. Remember that Mo was speaking out of pain—and you always hear the truth in the pain. I know that you know that because you are one smart cookie. I’ve said that on Mo’s blog. Please keep your focus on the positive. I know one lady who will walk through fire for you, Rah Rah or not.

    Hope you don’t think I was invading your space, but I just had to share a little tidbit with you. Mary and I hope your new RA doc figures things out for you and Kallyn. Stay positive, Demery. Surround yourself with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    It's about time you used that thing!!!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! He's coming to your blog now? How cool is that? I'm not even jealous. (maybe a tiny...)

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete