Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chiropractor

I went to my chiropractor this morning. I told her that I felt like my left hip was about 2 inches higher than my right. She had me lay down on my stomach and did the big massage thing on my back that feels SO good. Then she pulled my legs together to look at my alignment, and she said "Oh my god." "Your left leg is 2 inches longer than your right, you are close to being dislocated. I know you are not dislocated because you wouldn't be able to walk, but you are pretty close." I told her that I had been having a lot of trouble walking. She asked how long I had been like that and I told her at least a week. I said I had to make a payment because I was long over due and then I had to be able to make the copayment. She said that if I was ever in that situation to leave her a message and she would take care of me, that she could see me for free. She is not going to let me go in pain. I have mentioned before that I love this woman very much. I knew inside me that she would do that for me but it is very hard for me to ask for that kind of help.

She asked how Jake was doing in his job search. She asked how the girls were doing. If Karli was playing soccer now. When I left she told me to say hi to the girls. She is such a totally caring person. Once I saw a Dr that was just plain cruel to me and I was so upset, I went to her office and she saw me in between patients just to give me a hug and her perspective and to agree that the Dr was an ass. I almost wish she was a medical doctor that I could see for my primary care.
I have been seeing her for 12 years I think (sometime in the mid-late 90's) so she knows alot about me and has been through a lot with me. Having someone you can trust makes a lot of difference.

My day has started of good and the sun is shining. ")

3 comments:

  1. So....you're crooked? OH DON'T THROW THAT AT ME!!!

    I'm in pain. I need drugs. (Ended up taking one of my muscle relaxers at work and now all I need is some Jimi Hendrix music and a black light. Grace came over and took my pulse. I think I'll be going home soon. Wheee!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are all my friends' bodies falling apart??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a chiro like that I loved dearly.. he always fixed me up and knew what I needed to help me keep going. I miss him to this day..Ca. is a long way from my home and I know I will NEVER find another as good as he was. Sending you prayers to keep you well.. :)

    ReplyDelete