Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Plymouth Neon

This is a car we bought with insurance money from the totaled mini van. *sniff* Still grieving some - especially after I realized that the van was really no longer a kid-toting soccer van - but really a Designated Driver Rah Rah Van! I always drove because 1)I had a car big enough to fit us all 2)everyone drinks but me - how perfect!

BUT I have to tell you - I. LOVE. THIS. CAR. !.!.!. OMG. I feel like I am driving a race car. I doesn't really look sporty, but it feels sporty to me when you are in it. It is SO basic inside. Manual everything and no AC. But oh lord how it drives!!! It takes corners so well, hugs them. MMMM. Jake said it hurts his back, the lumbar doesn't fit him right. Hmmm... it fits me like a glove. We had a father of our kids friends help us (it is one of the things he does... he does a lot of things) - it was advertised for $1900 and he got it down to $1400 but we had to pay him a $200 finder's fee.

GUESS WHAT??????????? There is another car we are going to look at that I am not going to tell you about yet. I am too excited and don't want to jinx it. It was advertised for $2100 and he got it down to $1400 + his $200. This would be my car and it has electric stuff and AC. I am hoping to go look at it tonight.

We told him we wanted to get 2 cars for $3000. He has done a pretty good job. He knows about cars so he checks them out first to make sure they are in good shape. He has also had Jake helping him some. Jake has run some errands and helped him paint to earn some money. It is just that this guy is sort of in his own little world so you never know what you are getting into if you agree to help him. An hour errand to Seattle could have you gone for 3 hours and stopping at 3 extra places. But for $40 vs sitting at home, I guess it is worth it.

If it weren't for the blue sky and the car, I would probably be falling apart, so I just concentrate on those and I smile.

Vroooommmmm

3 comments:

  1. Of course! It just dawned on me that it's Dane we're talking about! I forgot he does this car finding thing. Hmmm....need to use him.

    Oh wait...I need money. Well.

    What. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it is not Dane - it is the father of the girl that stayed with us and the father of Kallyn's new boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You are here at Blogger!!!!!

    Nice car!!!!!

    ReplyDelete