Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am HEEEEEEERE... at Blogger....

I have given up on MSN Spaces. I can't find anything or figure out how to move around there anymore. I don't know that I know Blogger any better but that is where everyone else is, so I might as well be a copy cat. I am not a huge fan of blogger because you can't just search through blogs (that I know of anyways)

So, here I am.

I was just talking to a guy from a focus group place. They have focus groups that range from 90 minutes to 3 hours and pay you CASH when you walk out the door. Anywhere from $60-100. They have to quiz you over the phone to see if you "qualify" for the studies they are doing. So I sit and answer the questions, cringing hoping that I answer the questions right. I wanted to do this 3 hour music study that paid $75. I did it in December and it was easy peasy and the 3 hrs flew by. $25 an hour. HELLO. I. FAILED. How do you fail to qualify??? I don't get it. I was on the phone for over 30 minutes, he went through 3 other studies. I failed them all or else they were during the day and I can only do the night ones of course. He was quizing me on one for taxes and the last question he asked me was "If you could have anyone from the past or present over for dinner, who would it be and why?" WHAT. THE. HELL? I said that was the strangest question I had ever been asked. He said it was the strangest question he had asked - it was the first time he had gone over that study. I told him I hadn't had enough coffee. I was trying to think of something smart to say. Someone who was dead - a relative..... or Thomas Edison or Roosevelt but I couldn't think of WHY I would want them - so I said Martina McBride, because I really like her and would like to meet her. THEN HE TELLS ME "Oh, wait - this study is only at 11 am and 3pm" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR He already knew I could only do 5:30 or later.

When he asked me the question, one of my first thoughts was - that would be a good essay for Mo. I bet she could write something GREAT on who she would have to dinner from the past or present. [EXCLUDING MIKE ROWE ; )]

I have more to write but alas, I have work to do.

7 comments:

  1. WHAT?! ExCLUDING Mike Rowe? What the hell is the point then? Honestly. (My daddy, my sister, my brother Billy, Jane Austen, Eleanor Roosevelt, Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, Saint Francis, Barefoot Bandit, Whoever invented margaritas, Amelia Earhardt (so she can tell me what happened to her, that's all), Joan of Arc, Paul Rudd, Donald Trump, Jeff Probst, All of the boat captains on Deadliest Catch, Scooby Doo and Shaggy, and of course Pocahantas. Preferably not all at the same time, mind you.)

    There. I'm exhausted now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, it's about damn time you left that place! I only checked over there once every blue moon. Just for you. All you. *8sigh**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I either DON'T QUALIFY, or the times don't work. I have not done ONE of those darn focus groups yet. I thought it was because I was over 50. If you don't qualify then I NEVER WILL!

    Nice car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine is an alias for Babbler

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found ya okay finally.. hope to catch up with you soon and on facebook!

    ReplyDelete